Chemical bonding is helpful in prediction of various aspects of the substance like :-
- Melting points, generally the ionic compounds are having high melting points and covalent compounds are having low m.p.
- State , generally ionic compounds are crystalline solids, but covalent compounds are found mostly in all states.
- Generally the reactions of covalent compounds are very slow as compared to the ionic compounds.
- Covalent compounds are poor conductors of the electricity, but ionic compounds are good conductors of electricity in aqueous solution or in molten state.
- Ionic compounds can be dissolved in water but covalent compounds cannot be dissolved in water.