Here are the five ways:-
- Paint the surface of metal.
- Oil the surface of metal or keep it covered with grease.
- Electroplating it with a less reactive metal will keep it safe.
- Galvanisation that is covering it with Zinc metal it is also called sacrificial protection.
- Making it cathode, most of the underground pipes are kept safe by connecting them to the negative terminal and very small amount of current flows from it.
Published by Ankush Sharma
I am M.Sc (chemistry ) from Punjabi University Patiala.
I am a science teacher with expertise in chemistry, with 8 years of experience in teaching. Writing and blogging is my hobby, I write whenever I am free.
I am constantly working on creating a new and easy way of learning the tough things in an effective way. I am constantly working to make authentic and reliable information to be shared with my students and widen the horizons of knowledge.
View more posts